Plumbing in Abilene, TX – If you’re experiencing repetitious toilet clogs, Midway Plumbing can help. We utilize the latest state-of-the-art technology to put an end to the reoccurring clogged toilet. However, there are times when the best decision is to replace an aging toilet. Whether you choose a repair or toilet replacement, Midway Plumbing in Abilene, TX can provide the expert plumbing services you need to ensure a first quality job.
Toilet Installation – A new toilet is typically installed during a bathroom remodel. However, homeowner’s often install a new toilet because of ongoing problems and repair. A cracked toilet calls for immediate replacement to prevent water damage to your home. An additional reason for toilet installation is the homeowner’s desire to increase their home’s water efficiency. Our licensed plumbers can provide the professional toilet installation of your choice.
Water Efficiency – Toilets that are over 10 years old may not be water-efficient, and even if they are low-flow, you will find today’s toilets to be more effective in flushing, and efficiency. Older low flow toilets leave a lot to be desired, and today’s technology has vastly improved the flushing of modern toilets with less water.
The average standard toilet in the majority of homes typically uses three to five gallons of water per flush. Modern low-flow toilets use about 1.6 gallons of water per flush, and flush effectively. Furthermore, a modern low-flow toilet will lower your home’s water use, and dual flush toilets can save you even more water. Midway Plumbing in Abilene, TX can provide the information you need to enable you to make an informed decision.
Toilet Repair – The cost of a toilet that requires constant repairs adds up. Routine clogging, difficulty cleaning, clogged jets, and hard water stains are problems that can be handled with toilet repair. Midway Plumbing in Abilene, TX can replace the parts, remove the unsightly mineral deposits that clog jets and collect under the rim, but when you consider the money you can save with a water-efficient toilet, replacement may be the best solution, and provide a toilet easier to clean.
Furthermore, if the porcelain bowl or tank has developed a hairline crack, the toilet should be replaced. A hairline crack may not go completely through the porcelain at the time, but the crack can enlarge without warning. Toilet replacement is the solution for avoiding potential water damage to your home from a leaking toilet.
It’s wise to provide routine examinations of the toilet for cracks, especially in older toilets. In addition, soft close lids are a solution for preventing the dropping of lids that may crack a toilet.
Repetitive Clogging – Repetitive clogging may be due to a problem within the toilet, or a sewer pipe issue may cause it. If you are plunging a toilet once a week or more often, Midway Plumbing in Abilene, TX can determine the cause and provide a solution.
Multiple Flushes – Aging, and inefficient toilets often require more than one flush. Multiple flushes may be due to worn components. A new toilet can eliminate the issue of multiple flushes when due to a worn toilet, and will save water as well.
How to Plunge
It’s essential to plunge correctly in order to bust up a clog. Place the plunger into the toilet bowl and push downwards slowly but with a firm and steady hand, ensuring a good seal with the bottom of the bowl. Continue to push slowly and firmly until the toilet drains maintaining a solid contact between plunger and bowl. If the toilet won’t clear, call Midway Plumbing in Abilene, TX.
Reasons Why a Toilet Clogs
There are several reasons for a clogged toilet, including:
- The use of too much toilet paper clogs the toilet and can lead to overflow.
- The toilet requires sufficient water in the tank to flush the toilet fully. When the reservoir does not fill properly, the toilet will clog. Water may be leaking out of the tank through the flapper valve, or the fill valve may be malfunctioning. A Midway plumber can provide the toilet repair required.
- Sewer pipe issues can be due to a number of factors such as, the collapse of the sewer pipe, sewer pipe clogging, a bellied sewer pipe, tree roots in the sewer pipe and other causes. Only licensed plumbers can repair sewer pipe problems. Clogging may be a sign of larger problems within the sewer pipe.
- Unfortunately, children love to watch things disappear down the toilet. Flushed toys can cause blockage.
- Adults may also flush items that belong in the trash and not the toilet. Toilet paper and human waste are the only items that should be flushed.