Slab Leak Repair
Foundation & Concrete Slab Leaks
Your home’s foundation sits on a concrete slab. If your slab has a water leak, it can have costly consequences. Poor construction, foundation shifting, and years of wear and tear can lead to a slab leak. When water leaks from a concrete slab, it can cause water damage in your home and leave behind mold or moisture. You may also notice your water bill escalating out of control.
One of the hardest plumbing repairs is detecting and fixing a slab leak in the foundation of a home. These leaks are hidden from sight and difficult to access. And they certainly can’t be repaired by an amateur or a homeowner with DIY dreams. When you need to have a slab leak found in your house and fixed, only call on licensed professional plumbers.
Signs You Need A Repair
- Audible running water when your water is turned off
- You have low water pressure
- A hot spot in the floor can indicate a leak in the hot water line
- Your carpet is damp or your flooring is warped
- You find mold under your carpet
- There is a musky smell in your house
- You will see flooding in your yard, mushy patches of grass, or ruined landscaping
- You have a cracked slab
- If your water bill is abnormally high
What Exactly Is a Slab Leak?
The term slab leak is one professional plumbers use to refer to pipe leaks located in either the cold or hot water lines in the concrete foundation of a house. Slab leaks present significant problems for a home, since they lead to water waste, cause the water heater to waste energy, lead to mold and mildew growth, and can damage the home’s foundation.
The majority of slab leaks (80%) occur in the hot water lines, which expand and contract, creating abrasions leading to the leaks. There are other possible causes for slab leads, such as corrosion and chemicals in the water.
How to Know You Need Slab Leak Detection
“If the leak is in the concrete under my house, how will I be able to know it’s there?” It’s a good question. You have to know the signs to watch for that will tell you it’s time to call plumbers for slab leak detection and slab leak repair:
- High water bills: You have a good idea of you regular water use from month to month. (If you don’t, take a look over your past utility bills.) A sharp increase in gallons–per–month often means you have a major leak somewhere in the house—and a slab leak is a prime candidate. Leak detection will discover where the leak is and how to fix it.
- Strange water heater behavior: Since most slab leaks occur in hot water lines, leaks will cause the water heater to turn on and off at times it shouldn’t. If you notice the water heater coming on when no one is using hot water, you may have leaks hidden in the hot water lines in the foundation.
- Sound of running water in the basement: If you can hear water running when you’re in the basement but can’t find the source, the cause might be a slab leak.
- Cracks in the basement floor: As a slab leak continues, it will build pressure until it causes cracking to appear on the concrete, i.e. the basement floor.
Affordable Repair Solutions
It’s important to remember that leaking pipes won’t be saved by concrete slabs. Concrete will not stop leaks from the pipes running through them. You need a professional to find the leaks and handle the necessary repairs. Midway Plumbing is the expert to trust for this. We will perform a full video inspection to find the source of the problem in your pipes and suggest affordable repair services. We can offer trenchless repair solutions that get the job done quickly without tearing apart your lawn.
Call Midway Plumbing today if you have a leak coming from a concrete slab. Only an expert like Midway Plumbing can stop the problem and provide you with peace of mind while keeping water out of your home. Contact us for an estimate.
Click here to see what others in the Big Country area are saying about our slab leak services!
See What Our Happy Customers Are Saying
These guys were amazing. Russell and Ryder were very thorough and explained every bit of what they were doing in great detail. Russell respected my situation and did everything effectively and in respect to cost. I couldn’t have asked for better service and work.
Gary did a great service for us in repairing our electric tankless water heater! We’ve had a lot of trouble since it was installed by another company with several repairs done before that never fixed the issue. I believe he has done the repairs that will finally fix it as it should have been done!
Glen was very knowledgeable about our plumbing issues. He walked me through all possible solutions and helped me decide what would best fit our needs. He is very friendly and even made time to pet our dogs. Overall I am extremely satisfied with the services he provided.
I called Midway hoping to have my issues solved within a week or so. Within 24 hours, Zach had evaluated the issue, quoted me, and completed the repair. I’m so glad I called Midway and will definitely use them again next time we need help, especially if they can send out Zach!
Caleb was most kind, courteous and caring and Extremely knowledgeable in his expertise. The picture that Midway send as an introduction put me right at ease since I was dealing with a stranger. Thank you for asking me to tell you how much I appreciated Caleb.
Vance was awesome! He came yesterday to assess the situation, followed up today as promised, and was able to fix our problem here at our church this morning! Very satisfied with his work and positive attitude.
These guys were amazing. Russell and Ryder were very thorough and explained every bit of what they were doing in great detail. Russell respected my…
Gary did a great service for us in repairing our electric tankless water heater! We’ve had a lot of trouble since it was installed by…
Glen was very knowledgeable about our plumbing issues. He walked me through all possible solutions and helped me decide what would best fit our needs.…
I called Midway hoping to have my issues solved within a week or so. Within 24 hours, Zach had evaluated the issue, quoted me, and…
Caleb was most kind, courteous and caring and Extremely knowledgeable in his expertise. The picture that Midway send as an introduction put me right at…
Vance was awesome! He came yesterday to assess the situation, followed up today as promised, and was able to fix our problem here at our…